This website is operated by Mercury Spirits Ltd which is registered at c/o Hillier Hopkins Llp Radius House, 51 Clarendon Road, Watford, United Kingdom, WD17 1HP (registered in the UK) with registered number 10884744.
To keep your personal data secure we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide.
• If you subscribe to our newsletter, we store your email address.
• If you place an order with us, we store your name and email address, and billing, delivery and payment details.
• During order processing we share some or all of your information with service providers to help us process your order.
• If you have subscribed to our newsletter or ordered from us, you can change the way you want us to contact you by changing your preferences through our website.
• You have the right to remove any or all of your information from our system or ask us to send you details on what data of yours we hold.
Mercury Spirits Ltd which is registered at c/o Hillier Hopkins Llp Radius House, 51 Clarendon Road, Watford, United Kingdom, WD17 1HP (registered in the UK). All references to ‘service providers’ means subcontractors (including any affiliated partners) retained by us for
the specific purpose of performing functions on our behalf or to provide services to us. Such services include but are not limited to, warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising;
credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business.
Legal purchase age
We do not intentionally collect personal information from individuals under the legal drinking age nor do we intentionally market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol either in your country of residence or in the country from which you are accessing the site you must not provide us with your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
Collecting personal information
We only collect and hold personal information provided by you. However, there are instances where we may require that you opt to select whether or not you would like to receive information from us e.g. to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers.
There are some instances where you will not have the option to opt-out, for example when we are satisfying obligations within a contract, administering a transaction requested by you, or as required by law.
You may also elect to provide us with personal information if, for example, you:
• contact us with an enquiry
• register on the site (where applicable)
• request us to provide you with information
• enter a competition
• take advantage of a promotion
• fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included.
In providing personal information you consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this privacy statement.
Like most website, ‘the site’ uses ‘cookies’ (small data files that our server sends to your browser when you visit the site) to gather and store information about your visit to our website.
to log repeat visitors for statistical and analytical purposes; to track interaction with online advertising (e.g. to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked) and to compile and report to third parties aggregate statistics about our users
in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
In addition, when placing an order the cookies will capture your first and last names, your email address and your customer ID. This information is needed in order to make your visit simple and more efficient. Primo Aperitivo will never pass any personal information on to any third party
apart from aforementioned ‘service providers’. Unless you check the box instructing your browser to remember your username and password these cookies will be deleted when you close your browser.
Use of personal information
We may use personal information you provide in a number of different ways to provide specific services requested by you as well as to provide additional services that may be considered of interest to you.
Marketing Communications help us communicate with you about our products and services.
Marketing analysis helps us assess trends or to measure traffic to our websites. It also enables us to provide more relevant, personalised content to you when you visit our website or in our email or physical communications to you, where you have given us permission to contact you.
Transactional communications aid us to improve the quality of service in dealing with your queries and requests, update your account(s) information, and to manage transaction specific tasks such as credit card payments for goods or services that you order from us (or our associated companies) or fulfilment of such transactions (e.g. delivery).
Disclosure of personal informationWe value your privacy and hereby assure you that we will only share your personal information with relevant service providers that provide adequate protection for such information.
We may disclose personal information to:
• service providers during order processing:
- your billing address, delivery address and the first eight digits of your payment card number (if one is being used) are sent to an ID verification service;
- your billing details are sent to the relevant payment provider;
- your delivery address and phone number are sent to the courier company;
• third parties to whom you have provided your consent or who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as authorised or appointed legal agent acting on your behalf:
- a person or entity in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization or liquidation, whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us;
- law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third party in order to comply with law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with law or detect, protect or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
In these situations, service providers and third parties have agreed not to collect, use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law and will be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on use of personal information.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be completely anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis.
• Customer Account: After five years of inactivity your account will be deactivated and your personal information anonymised.
• Orders: To comply with legal and contractual obligations we keep these records for at least seven years. After that point, if the associated user account is deactivated, any personal information in the order will be anonymised.
• Email Subscribers: After three years of inactivity your email address will be anonymised and marked as unsubscribed.
To keep your personal information secure we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide. However, we do not have control over the privacy of any communications while in transit to us. As such we ask that you do not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in such communications.
Where we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or under our control may have been compromised, we will endeavor to notify you of such as promptly as possible and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we will notify you by e-mail.